September 13, 2009

TV


Fox’s new series GLEE is the new underdog darling of Hollywood. GLEE has become an over the summer craze with its Pilot Episode strategically airing in the spring after an episode of American Idol. Queens from Brooklyn to Bangkok, and Hags from the West End to West Hollywood have gone “Gaga” over GLEE and don’t lie because The “Bros” from the locker rooms of Trenton, New Jersey to those of Odessa, Texas are also tuning in Wednesday nights @ 8/7 central.

What makes us love a show like GLEE? Do we relate to the characters? Does it strike up memories from High School? Or, is the music just bomb? I think it’s a combination of all three and simply we (the American Public) just freakin’ love it. The acting camp I work at (Young Actor’s Theater Camp- Loma Mar, CA) even has a GLEE theme for our winter session. My only question for the producers is, “ Can I make song requests?”

Side Note:
The Vampire Diaries is so unoriginal I can’t stand it, Oprah’s 24th Season Kick Off was “Boom Boom Pow”, and “ I got A Feeling” Melrose Place is getting cancelled.
Question
Is GLEE a (guilty) pleasure for now? Or, Will GLEE be here to stay?

No comments: